Thursday, April 14, 2022

I Was Told If I Stand Here And Spin, A Secret Door Opens


Who hasn't read or seen the movie The Secret Garden? If you haven't I feel bad for you because your childhood must have been horrible! Heehee...maybe not, but every child in some way has dreamed of a secret place, a place only known to them, where they could go and feel no pain or simply play...as a kid I used to create these imaginary rituals which would allow my secret door to open and I remember havin' so much fun! I wish I could remember more details about those days, but the feelin' I have when I think about those times is still very strong and comforting.

The Secret Garden

I have a secret garden,
Where I can laugh and play.
I have a secret garden,
Often it's there I stay.

I have a secret garden,
No one else knows its location,
I have a secret garden,
That's gone through a transformation.

My secret garden used to be
An average unkempt garden,
It wasn't the place for me,
With all bonfire wood chard and,
No where I could sit,
Or admire the imaginary view.

I grew that garden,
I planted flowers every where
I made that garden,
With little gnomes here and there.

But as I grow old,
So does my secret place.
Flowers withered,
Weeds grow
Gone is the jackdaw,
Gone is the crow.

This was my secret garden,
I played here as I child,
But now as I stare
Over my secret garden,
I only hope one day,
Another child may put my garden,
To repair....

No comments:

Post a Comment